Monday, April 21, 2008

The Future

sigh. having worked at 2 different places as a admin staff (attachment @ Keppel FELS & now a temp @ DHL), I'm beginning to wonder if working in an office, taking up a desk bound job is really my type. I guess currently I'm still a very active person and for me to sit down in front of the computer for 8 hours doing data entry is like a no-no. But isn't most of the jobs desk bound? Especially if I hope to do a course in Accountancy or Economics in Uni? Such a dilemma, although i do understand that as a temp. staff they can't possibly give me 'challenging' work to do for fear that i might do something wrong. (ha! which reminds me in a quiz i did some time ago, it said that i continuously look for challenge) Not sure if in the future when I'm given challenges, would i be interested in the job. Now, i was even thinking that i could be a full-time tutor in the future. It has it's pros and cons. Pros being that it gives me the flexibility to plan my time and it's good money given the amount of time i tutor. (Well, if i want to be a good tutor, of course i would spend a lot of time setting worksheets and stuff.) However, tuitions would usually be at night or the weekends when most people are free. =( Kind of sucks. I have also seriously considered becoming a teacher. Well, at least it gives me the kick of a challenging life and also an active one. i might be able to take charge of a CCA, train with them, be with them, and at the same time be challenged to produce good academic results. Plus, it won't be a desk bound job. Sounds good huh. Not sure really. Generally i think what i want is to have a meaningful life and not a life that is mundane. Like waking up in the morning, go to work, go home, sleep (or doing household chores when i become a wife/mother) and the cycle restarts the next day. Another thing is that I'm such a practical person that i go for money. I can't stand a job which pays me pathetically, which is probably why Accountancy is my first choice =X. Haha.
On a lighter note, i can't wait to stop work in July when i can start enjoying the last part of this long holiday. I want to learn roller blading XP. *ahem* But I'm also afraid of falling down. So painful lo when you bathe although I'm very used to falling down. Hehe. Being ambitious, i hope to pass my driving on the first attempt too, otherwise i have to burn another hole in my pocket. (HELLO? each test cost $153??) i take 3 days to earn that amount. Also, i haven't decided which notebook to get. I really like the design of VAIO and the cool features. It's like the perfect notebook but the cost is very perfect too $1999 -.- plus it weighs 2.5kg, imagine bringing it around in school. If i get one, i would get a white one. Which gives me another motivation to pass driving before school reopens. But honestly, i think i do drive dangerously not that i speed but i think i get dreamy very easily so like when i want to overtake, you know =X. Also, I'm a bit lazy to think too much, so like i need reminders from my instructors =X. Hey! Friends (who didn't learn driving) should pray that i pass driving soon right, so that i can drive them around. (Maybe if i do, I'll charge them, of course I'll charge them less than what taxi drivers would charge haha)
I think I'm very much like my brothers - want to accomplish a lot of things. Hehe
List of things i hope to accomplish:
1) Driving
2) Learning how to skate
3) Train up Basketball
4) Set up an online business selling clothes
5) Learn either Thai or Japanese language
6) Continue learning guitar
7) Continue tutoring
8) Jian Fei

Very greedy hor? Want to finish so many things. Actually i also hoped to go to Mayday concert. It's like so cool! 360degrees stage plus it's Mayday. Imagine how high the concert would be. BUT no money =( Rather, i have the money but I'm too niao to want to pay for it. I guess i would have to wait for the next time bah.
Finally it's 4.15pm, about 2 more hours of work to go. See what i mean, life is so boring now. i go to work to look forward to end of work. Kind of meaningless right? Never mind la. At least it's ending soon. I can't believe how i even survived the last 3 months. Amazing!! Honestly, i thought that i could only last 1 month hehe. I guess my laziness to find another job kept me going.
That's all for now, i should start working =X
What a long entry

3 comments:

yf said...

whoo =) but it's gd to haf things to look forward to. in a while it motivates you! n u feel sense of achievement to get sumthings done. =)

Anonymous said...

haha thank you! long entry. helped me kill 1/3485749357 of my office hour.

have 7-11 chalet go rollerblading! whoppee!

anw, it's a good start that you already know how you want your life to be, unlike some people -me-. work towards it (: and accountants starting pay not v high, unless you managed to endure all odds.

-yanrong

Anonymous said...

Good post.